PistolTalk.ORG

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 72 attempts...72 failures  (Read 80 times)

pitbullN12ga

• Older but not necessarily wiser
  • Denizen
  • .500 S&W
  • Horribly Deplorable
72 attempts...72 failures
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:46 AM »

In an attempt to prove the "internet loophole"...
72 attempts over a 2.5 year period, to buy guns online without proper procedures, fails EVERY TIME !!!

What else you got, snowflakes ??

http://www.google.com/amp/s/hotair.com/archives/2018/01/06/search-illegal-loophole-online-gun-sales-fails-spectacularly/amp/
"Whether you think you can, or think you can't-you're right"
                                  Henry Ford

Axxe55

• Denizen
  • .50-70 Government
Re: 72 attempts...72 failures
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

i get so tired of hearing about these so-called "loopholes" that i want to puke! :barf:

illegal gun sales do exist. that is just a fact. what they need to do is just enforce the guns laws we already have, and quit trying to push for new ones that will not be enforced anyways.

the one law that was being proposed last year that i did support if it stayed true to what was proposed, was to make the attempt of "straw purchases" a separate offense of it's own.

criminals are not going to gun stores and FFL dealers and buying guns. they either steal them, or they buy stolen guns on the black market.

Skullcrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »

I don't support any new gun law attempting to suppress legal gun purchases. To me, "Straw" is illegal by word of the law. I don't know how anyone can support a law that can't be enforced. How do LEO's enforce a "Straw" purchase? Legal on line buys are shipped to an FFL who does the background check. You buy a gun on line legally...I don't see where "Straw" purchase even comes into play. The person making the "Straw" buy is willingly a felon per the law. How would more laws against that make sense?

Axxe55

• Denizen
  • .50-70 Government
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:42:30 PM »

I don't support any new gun law attempting to suppress legal gun purchases. To me, "Straw" is illegal by word of the law. I don't know how anyone can support a law that can't be enforced. How do LEO's enforce a "Straw" purchase? Legal on line buys are shipped to an FFL who does the background check. You buy a gun on line legally...I don't see where "Straw" purchase even comes into play. The person making the "Straw" buy is willingly a felon per the law. How would more laws against that make sense?

it's already illegal to do a "straw purchase" but it's simply perjury, if, and huge IF they pursue to press charges for the offense. the law they were proposing was to push it to where the offense was a separate offense that would carry felony penalties. and best of my understanding, committing perjury on the 4473 Form is simply a misdemeanor, unless i'm mistaken.

check question 11a on the form.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

it was added simple because those prohibited would get someone who who had a clean criminal background to purchse the gun for them. many times they would get a wife, a girlfriend or anyone why was clean to do the purchase.

a lot of gun owners get all upset over this proposed law because they misunderstand the intent, or what is a straw purchase. if i buy a gun, then gift that gun to my father, my wife or my child, as present, as long as they are legal to possess a gun it's not a straw purchase. if go to the gun store, buy a gun, fill out the paperwork and get home and my next door neighbor is admiring it and offers me more than i paid for it and i sell it to him, it's still not a straw purchase. now if i'm going to a gun show, or the gun store, and my neighbor gives me money and says if i see a certain gun to buy it for him, even if he's legal to possess or buy a gun himself, that is under the law, a straw purchase.

some are getting upset because they lack the understanding of what the law would mean, and it's intent. it in no way infringes, or prohibits any law abiding citizen from doing anything they are already able to do. it only provides a separate criminal offense for those that break the law.

Edit: as a supporter of gun rights, i am for laws that penalize, or punish criminals, but that don't infringe upon the rights of the law abiding gun owner. too many gun laws have been passed that in no way deter or actually punish criminals, but do penalize law abiding gun owners simply because they happen to own guns or would want to buy or possess guns.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:47:48 AM by Axxe55 »