PistolTalk.ORG

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Range Report: Beretta Brig and S&W model 15  (Read 58 times)

mesinge2

• Asshole of the Year - 2012!
  • Administrator
  • Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
  • Mr Mugger Robber
    • Safe Direction Firearms Instruction
Range Report: Beretta Brig and S&W model 15
« on: January 28, 2018, 06:48:32 AM »

First up is the new Brigadier 92fs. With the extra weight, this 92 is an AWESOME shooter. The target below was shot at 15 yards and it was four 20 round mags, two 18 round mags, and four 15 round mags; for a total of 176 rounds. It is an awesome shooter. The few high shots just over the Shoot-N-C and the high one on the head are the first DA shots and are all me just rushing that first shot. Those shots would still be in an IPSC target 'A' zone; so, I am still happy with it. The DA trigger will improve when I drop in a 'D' mainspring.

Next is my new S&W m15 with some new awesome combat target grips. This was all shot in DA at 15 yards. I know people believe the 38 special to be an anemic and outdated cartridge but this is sooo accurate and easy to shoot quickly. I would not feel at a disadvantage carrying this with 2 speed loaders. This target was about 200 rounds of 158gr FMJ.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:54:21 AM by mesinge2 »
  NRA Instructor @ Safe Direction Firearms Instruction

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."
- 1785, Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenaged nephew.

"There is no substitute for practice, because the finest firearm is nothing more than an extension of the weapon holding it"...

sweater914

• Asshole of the Month Feb. 2013
  • Dweller
  • .45 ACP
Re: Range Report: Beretta Brig and S&W model 15
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 07:05:47 AM »

Gotta love an old K-frame, the DA triggers can be made super smooth.  With the new projectiles on the market for the .38spl, I wouldn't want to get hit with that "anemic" .38.

JBC2565

• Head Chef
  • Denizen
  • .44 Magnum
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »

Great report as always Mark!! :sthumbsup:

Skullcrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:26:43 AM »

Awesome!

TangentalStorm

• Asshole of the Month - June 2016
  • Denizen
  • .500 S&W
  • The Dumb Hillbilly AKA Musket Pimp
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 08:48:49 PM »

Great report!

note to self.... Don't piss off Mark when he's armed, which means "ever"....lol
"Never criticize a rifleman until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way he'll be barefoot and you'll be out of range." --- 95th Rifle Regiment Quote

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
 Robert Heilein